Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My 2006 Favorites

Below are the best books I read in 2006. Not that a lot of the books that I read weren't good, but these really stood out.

First, from Ray Kurzweil:



This book just blew my mind. I thought he was overly optimistic with his premises, but the potential future he paints is mind-boggling.

Next, from Peter Ward:




Ward is a great story teller. This is a book depicting mass extinctions throughout history, and lays out the evidence for the current mass extinction that is underway.

Next, by J. Storrs Hall:



This was another in the vein of "Singularity." This potential future is just amazing to contemplate.

Finally, a classic by Joe Haldeman:



I have wanted to read this one for years, but I never ran across it. I am glad that I finally did this past year. Haldeman has quite the gift for science fiction.

I will be starting a new job overseas in a few weeks, and hopefully can pick my reading right back up after the move.

No comments: